Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Bossypants by Tina Fey

I tend to stick to fiction when I'm reading. An autobiography would typically be last on my list of books to read, but I kept hearing great things about Tina Fey's book Bossypants so I decided to give it a shot. The book follows Fey through her childhood in rural Pennsylvania all the way to her life as a mother and producer of the show "30 Rock". It's really just a rambling look at a person with a pretty interesting life. 

I really enjoyed the book. I got a few good laughs and even a little insight into life.  I was surprised by how much I could relate to her life as a mother trying to balance her family life and work. I really appreciated her honesty about her feelings towards herself, her appearance, and her perception of the world around her. Plus it's full of helpful little advice nuggets like, "If you are a woman and you bought this book for practical tips on how to make it in a male-dominated workplace, here they are. No pigtails, no tube tops. Cry sparingly." And if you haven't read Tina Fey's "Letter for My Daughter", Google it. It's an excerpt from Bossypants and it's fantastic. Overall it's a fun, short read. I highly recommend it.



No comments:

Post a Comment